[Gluster-users] FUSE

rhubbell rhubbell at ihubbell.com
Fri Nov 14 19:50:51 UTC 2008

Well the problem is a little more complicated now.

The kernel has FUSE code in it now and that code is not the
same code that's in the latest FUSE.

If similar transitions in the past can be used as a guide, the linux
kernel takes precedence as the defacto repository.

I think glusterfs should decide how it wants to handle this.
If you look at recent history glusterfs would future-proof
itself by selecting the FUSE kernel source as the target to be
compatible with. Since the separate FUSE will likely become deprecated.