[Gluster-users] multiple mount instances using autofs

Amar S. Tumballi amar at zresearch.com
Tue Jul 29 17:52:54 UTC 2008

Yes, it was a known issue then. You need to add few lines in mount.glusterfs
to avoid it.. (the patch is applied after 1.3.8)

---
    mount_point="$2";

    # Simple check to avoid multiple identical mounts
    if grep -q "glusterfs $mount_point fuse" /etc/mtab; then
        echo "$0: according to mtab, GlusterFS is already mounted on
$mount_point"
        exit 1
    fi
 -----

2008/7/29 John Marshall <John.Marshall at ec.gc.ca>

> Hi,
>
> I have noticed that when I use autofs, the glusterfs mount
> is performed multiple times (over the same mount point).
> Has anyone else noticed this?
>
> I am using 1.3.8.
>
> Thanks,
> John