[Gluster-users] Way to reset inode generation number?

Anand Avati avati at zresearch.com
Sat Jul 12 15:50:48 UTC 2008

> I've posted a couple of messages recently about a problem I'm having where
> some files in my cluster are not showing up under unify, despite existing
> properly on the individual storage bricks.

This would happen under unify only if the namespace entry is missing for the
file. Self heal of unify should ideally fix these cases. If for some reason
(bug?) the self-heal is not fixing it, you could try manually 'touch' ing
the file in the backend of namespace and see if you can access the file.

> I've been trying to go through the source code and understand what's
> happening, and the only thing I've got at the moment is that somehow some
> of
> the metadata associated with the files isn't right. My understanding is
> limited but the only way I can see the problem I'm having happening is if
> the inode generation count on my files is somehow invalidly set.
>
> Is there some way I can manually reset it on the files on my bricks?

inode generation number would generally not make a file disappear.

avati