[Gluster-users] Problem with free space limits on servers.

Keith Freedman freedman at FreeFormIT.com
Mon Dec 22 19:31:54 UTC 2008

At 08:56 AM 12/22/2008, Amar S. Tumballi wrote:
>Hi Lior,
>
>2008-12-18 19:20:09 W [alu.c:892:alu_scheduler] alu: No node is
>eligible to schedule
>

>However it doesn't enforce the limit, I can still copy files, untill
>all the servers have their partitions fully filled.

as I understand it, quotas are managed by the underlying filesystem.  so:
depending on your scheduler, if you have 5 servers unified, for
example, and a quota on each machine of 1GB per user, you may end up
with one user having 5GB if their data gets distributed evenly across
the unified bricks.