[Gluster-users] Problem with free space limits on servers.

Amar S. Tumballi amar at zresearch.com
Mon Dec 22 16:56:29 UTC 2008

Hi Lior,

> 2008-12-18 19:20:09 W [alu.c:892:alu_scheduler] alu: No node is eligible to
> schedule
>

> However it doesn't enforce the limit, I can still copy files, untill all
> the servers have their partitions fully filled.
>
> Is this a normal behavior ?
> Is there a way to enforce the limit, i.e. get <no space left on device>
> type of error to the process that tries to write.

Unify's schedulers themself  won't implement any Quotas (ie, limits). These
are limits, after crossing which, you will get warnings, critical messages
in log file, so you are aware that all nodes are full, and this is time for
storage upgrade. If extra nodes are not added, it will continue to schedule
file creation within available nodes.

You may want to try 'quota' translator in that case (which is in 1.4.0rc+
releases), which just implements export directory limits. (And this has to
be added just over the posix translator, in server part).

Regards,
Amar