[Gluster-users] cleanest way to restart the client process ?

Keith Freedman freedman at FreeFormIT.com
Wed Dec 17 20:14:22 UTC 2008

At 05:55 AM 12/17/2008, Daniel Maher wrote:
>So i am correct, then, in assuming that the only
>« clean » way to restart the Gluster client
>process is, in fact, to unmount the mountpoint
>and then re-initialise the client process afterwards ? -- Daniel Maher

you can't mount a filesystem on a stale
mountpoint so you have to get the OS to stop
thinking the thing is mounted, so a umount is necessary as far as I know.
I believe it's the same with NFS if your nfs processes die.
and it's the same with all FUSE filesystems