[Gluster-users] cleanest way to restart the client process ?

Anand Avati avati at zresearch.com
Wed Dec 17 10:23:26 UTC 2008

Here is a personal script I use to check all related processes (open
FD/cwd) on a dir (and its subdirectories) -- specifically written to
address the exact issue you are facing. lsof over a crashed mountpoint
does not work since it stat()'s the dead mountpoint. This script uses
/proc instead. Hope this helps -

--snip--
amp:~$ cat /home/avati/bin/whodir
#!/bin/sh

DIR=$1

find /proc 2>/dev/null | grep -E 'cwd|exe' | xargs ls -l 2>/dev/null |
grep "> $DIR" | sed 's/  */ /g' | cut -f8 -d' ' | cut -f3 -d/ | sort |
uniq | while read line; do echo $line $(cat /proc/$line/cmdline); done
amp:~$
--snip--

Avati