[Gluster-users] Unabel to load glusterfsd

Amar Tumballi (bulde) amar at gluster.com
Sat Dec 13 17:17:08 UTC 2008

Hi,
 Sorry for that confusion. You can either change type to
'features/posix-locks' or upgrade to 1.4.0rc2. I was updating documentation
from last few days and it was updated to work fine with 1.4.0rc2+ releases.

 Updated download link and other links to point to rc releases, so this
confusion will not happen.

Regards,
Amar

2008/12/13 claudiu ciurdariu <clauc_007 at yahoo.com>

> Hi.
>
> I'm using the configuration examples from
> http://www.gluster.org/docs/index.php/Automatic_File_Replication_(Mirror)_across_Two_Storage_Servers<http://www.gluster.org/docs/index.php/Automatic_File_Replication_%28Mirror%29_across_Two_Storage_Servers>with glusterfs 1.4.0pre13 - glusterfs--mainline--3.0--patch-684 on 3 servers
> running Gentoo linux.
>
> When I try to run the daemon, I get the following error:
>
> # glusterfsd -f /etc/glusterfs/server.vol
> volume 'bricks', line 7: type 'features/locks' is not valid or not found on
> this machine
> error in parsing volume specfile /etc/glusterfs/server.vol
> exiting
>
> Any idea what going wrong?
>
> Thanks.
> Claudiu