[Gluster-users] Building a new storage setup

Keith Freedman freedman at FreeFormIT.com
Mon Dec 8 21:40:41 UTC 2008

At 11:30 AM 12/8/2008, Matt Lawrence wrote:
>Anand Avati wrote:
> >>  Also, should I wait to implement some of this until after 1.4 is
> >> released?
> >>

> > Please feel free to try 1.4.0rc1 (unless your deployment is
> mission critical).
> >

>Ok, I'll be happy to try 1.4.0rc1.  Where can I find documentation?

you can find 1.40rc1 here: http://ftp.gluster.com/pub/gluster/glusterfs/
click on 1.4/

the documentation is sparse and you have to kind of piece it together
form the wiki.  Hopefully they'll get some time to work on
documentation after the release of 1.4, although there's always
pressure to go build the next version and usually documentation looses out.

from what I can tell the existing documentatoin:
http://www.gluster.org/docs/index.php/GlusterFS
is still 1.3 specific since the config file spec changed in 1.4 a
little bit, so you have to be careful of that.
also, some of the attributes I dont think are documented at all.  for
example, I only found out about AFR read-subvolume through this list.