[Gluster-users] Problems with Postfix-Locks

Michael Kugele michael at kugele.net
Fri Dec 5 01:15:16 UTC 2008

Hi,

I'm trying to store the data of a mySQL database in a gluster mount
point.

The system configuration is:

- Ubuntu 8.04 64 bit
- glusterfs 1.3.12 mainline 2.5 patch 797
- fuse: fuse-2.7.3glfs10 (no kernel module) - module comes with ubuntu

The simliest configuration that brings up errors is the following:

The server and the client are on the same machine - I use two
processes for the server and the client.

Start the server:
glusterfsd --spec-file=/etc/glusterfs/server.vol -n io-thr

Start the client:
glusterfs --spec-file=/etc/glusterfs/client.vol /storage

I have a symbolic link (var/lib/mysql) that points to /storage/mysql.
In /storage/mysql all the database files are stored.
When I start the mysql server for the first time everything works just
fine:

/etc/init.d/mysql start (no errors)

Then I stop the server
/etc/init.d/mysql stop (no errors)

When I try to restart the server - it seems to be locked.

In glusterfs.log the following line appears every second
2008-12-05 01:48:18 E [fuse-bridge.c:2422:fuse_setlk_cbk] glusterfs-
fuse: 1330: ERR => -1 (11)

In glusterfsd.log the following line appears every second
2008-12-05 01:48:18 E [posix-locks.c:1148:pl_lk] posix-locks:
returning EAGAIN

After approx. one minute the mysql server is up and running - although
the start script reported an error (failed to start mysql..)
At the same time the entries in the logfiles stop appearing.

It seams to me that somehow the mysql binary filed have been locked
and have not been unlocked by either the mysql server nor fuse/
glusterfs.

Do you habe any ideas to solve this problem. After googling a while I
found some similar problems storing VMware files on gluster mounts or
storing firefox profiles on them.
Attached are my gluster-config files.

Thanks a lot!

Mike