[Gluster-users] help, glusterfs test caused very high tcp segment retransmission rate

Dai, Manhong daimh at umich.edu
Sat Aug 23 12:23:26 UTC 2008

Hi,

   I found the aggregated IO speed is only about 100MB/s on 4 Giga-bit Brick. This test is done over 12 computing nodes with command dd if=/dev/zero of=bar bs=1048576 count=20480. Because our brick has very fast local IO speed, the problem could be network.

  Then I found computing nodes got too many retransmited segments during test according to netstat -st. The retransmission ratio is about 5%, but brick node has a normally low transmission rate.

  Could some shed some light?

Best,
Manhong