[Gluster-users] Add/remove new server volumes on the fly?

ferrety ferrety yferrety at gmail.com
Fri Aug 15 10:25:23 UTC 2008

Hi list,

1. While learning GlusterFS, I'was wondering if it's possible to add
server volumes to increase space capacity of my cluster "on the FLY"?
I mean, a hot upgrade.

2. Second, when using "files replicating strategy" (scheduler), is it
possible to remove a server node  without stopping the hole cluster
(ex. hardware maintaining reasons, add more disk/ram to the node ...)?

3. Finally, what's the best volume specifications for writing huge
number (hundred thousands) of big file (1 Gb size in average) on my
cluster?
I've an application which produce these big files at a regular rate
(let say, 1 file per minute)  and I'd like to know if a good volume
scpecification
can handle this amount of data?

Examples will be very welcome guys.

Thanks in advance.