[Gluster-users] VMDK file replication issue

Marco Trevisan marco.trevisan at cardinis.com
Tue Aug 12 08:57:40 UTC 2008

Hi Raghavendra,

> What is the backend filesystem you are using? Does it support extended
> attributes? you can check the presence  of exten
> ded attribute support using setfattr/getfattr commands.
The backend filesystem is XFS. The command used to create it was
"mkfs.xfs" without any option.
I later (Aug. 5th) changed the mount options in /etc/fstab from
"defaults" to "noatime,attr2".

My problems started to happen on Aug. 6-7, so one of my suspictions is
that having set "noatime,attr2" on already existing data (used by
glusterfs) may have led to errors on the AFR side.

> Also the transport-timeout value is too low. Can you test again with
> transport-timeout set to default value (42s)?

For sure!  Now I'm in holidays, the first days of september I'll let you
know.

Regards,

  Marco