[Gluster-infra] The curious case of the failling test of Centos 8

Michael Scherer mscherer at redhat.com
Mon Sep 28 13:04:48 UTC 2020

Le lundi 28 septembre 2020 à 18:08 +0530, sankarshan a écrit :
> After reading the excellent analysis of the issue I am perplexed -
> what is the path to the desired end state? If "official images"
> continue to be absent then we'll have to make do with the "unofficial
> ones". However, this note is also something which perhaps is relevant
> and important to the CentOS community - can we find a contact to
> highlight it to?

So we have several solutions:

- automate the fix in ansible and/or cloud-init

- upload our own images based on Centos  (bonus point if we can get
them preloaded with all the packages we need)

I will investigate the 1st one, that's just adding "rm" in the right
place, and making sure we reboot the system. Doing a custom image seems
like a bigger task.

Centos folks are already aware of the AWS problem, but maybe not of the
specific way that's broken. I discussed with them, and it seems to be
blocked on some legal discussions. Pandemic and people moving around
on both side likely didn't help.

--
Michael Scherer / He/Il/Er/Él
Sysadmin, Community Infrastructure