[Gluster-infra] Updates on moving to Github

Deepshikha Khandelwal dkhandel at redhat.com
Mon Sep 28 10:19:56 UTC 2020

Hi folks,

Now that glusterfs-8.2 is out, we want to get ahead with the plan to move
to GitHub.

We are planning to do that in several steps, but the gist of the plan
is the following:

- Starting from some time this week, we will ask people to resubmit
the PR to github. We are not moving them automatically, cause we can't
map the author to github from gerrit. We will have Jenkins jobs ready
for github, and still keep them for gerrit, so folks still have some
time to migrate, but please migrate the patch you are working on to
gerrit when you push a new revision. You can find more information and the
contributing guidelines on the same[1]

We are still keeping a way to come back to gerrit if things go wrong,
but it should be ok.

- We are not deprecating gerrit right now. It will be switched to
readonly in a few weeks, and much later be replaced by a static version
or something so we do not have to run it forever, but that part of the
plan is still in flux (how to get a static website out of the existing
setup).

- We are still trying to resolve the issues facing when merging the
historic repo[2] with glusterfs to get the historic commits sorted for
glusterfs. We will update the status on the opened issue[3]

[1]
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1UnbOKagkyx3dDk6atxhTcuUBKHBd7_DmT59opJZfpIg/edit
[2] https://github.com/gluster/historic
[3] https://github.com/gluster/project-infrastructure/issues/62
Please reach out to us if you have any queries.
Thanks,
Deepshikha