[Gluster-infra] Upgrade of the FreeBSD builder

sankarshan sankarshan at kadalu.io
Sun Jun 7 15:36:50 UTC 2020

On Fri, 5 Jun 2020 at 23:22, Michael Scherer <mscherer at redhat.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I did push this afternoon a role to automate the creation of FreeBSD
> instance in ec2. So, this would make it easier to 1) upgrade the
> builder 2) support more than 1 version.
>
> Unless someone has objection, I do intend to switch the builder used
> for freebsd-smoke from 10.0 to 12.1, once I am sure that it build
> correctly.

Thank you for taking care of this!

> I also heard that people asked for NetBSD, and unfortunately, I didn't
> found any recent image for NetBSD on EC2, and the few instructions I
> did found requires to rebuild and upload your own image, which is a bit
> too cumbersome for the moment. I am also unsure wether that work at
> all, since I didn't find anything related since more than 2 years due
> to EC2 no longer using xen, with people recommending GCP instead (not a
> option for us for now).

If you hear about this request again, please insist on a GitHub issue
to be filed (I'm assuming that is what we are using these days). There
needs to be a recorded instance of a request and a response on why
this is a set of activities which the project finds unable to
undertake at this point.

--
sankarshan at kadalu.io | TZ: UTC+0530 | +91 99606 03294
kadalu.io : Making it easy to provision storage in k8s!