[Gluster-infra] Upgrade of the FreeBSD builder

Michael Scherer mscherer at redhat.com
Fri Jun 5 17:51:47 UTC 2020

Hi,

I did push this afternoon a role to automate the creation of FreeBSD
instance in ec2. So, this would make it easier to 1) upgrade the
builder 2) support more than 1 version.

Unless someone has objection, I do intend to switch the builder used
for freebsd-smoke from 10.0 to 12.1, once I am sure that it build
correctly.

I also heard that people asked for NetBSD, and unfortunately, I didn't
found any recent image for NetBSD on EC2, and the few instructions I
did found requires to rebuild and upload your own image, which is a bit
too cumbersome for the moment. I am also unsure wether that work at
all, since I didn't find anything related since more than 2 years due
to EC2 no longer using xen, with people recommending GCP instead (not a
option for us for now).

--
Michael Scherer / He/Il/Er/Él
Sysadmin, Community Infrastructure