[Gluster-infra] [Gluster-Maintainers] [gluster-packaging] Fwd: [CentOS-devel] https://blog.centos.org/2020/12/future-is-centos-stream/

Amar Tumballi amar at kadalu.io
Fri Dec 11 10:31:24 UTC 2020

On Thu, Dec 10, 2020 at 11:22 PM Michael Scherer <mscherer at redhat.com>
wrote:

> Le jeudi 10 décembre 2020 à 22:06 +0530, sankarshan a écrit :
> > What is your recommendation? As in, the next steps from here.
>
> - check if there is c8s image on amazon already
>
> if there is one
> - switch the image and reinstall the builders (3rd time this week, so I
> should not stumble like the previous 2)
>
> if not
> - install centos8-stream-release rpm, dnf upgrade -y, reboot
> - add the rpm in ansible so it will be here if we reinstall
> - wait for a proper ec2 image and add it to ansible
>
> Given we had kernel bugs in the past (
> https://github.com/gluster/glusterfs/issues/1402#issuecomment-666358241
>  ), I think  faster access to fixes for the CI (or even for production)
> is a good idea.

Please go ahead! This looks like a good plan to be adhering to the centos
stream... For me,  from outside, centos8-stream is similar to fedora
rawhide, a moving base.

As long as tests are running fine, we are fine, when it breaks, to debug,
there are more than glusterfs elements to consider now.

Regards,
Amar

https://kadalu.io
Container Storage made easy!