[Gluster-infra] 2017 Infrastructure Plans

Michael Scherer mscherer at redhat.com
Sat Feb 18 13:31:18 UTC 2017

Le samedi 18 février 2017 à 08:33 +0530, Nigel Babu a écrit :
> Hello folks,
>
> I've shared around a document with these plans in January. He's the final draft
> of our 2017 plans for Gluster Infrastructure. These are the definite goals we
> want to achieve. Michael and I are also working on several other pieces like
> moving more builds to our cage machines and continously verify integrity of
> builds on downloads.gluster.org. If we think we can achieve those in this year,
> we'll send out a modification later.
>
> * Technical Infrastructure Debt
>     * Gerrit OS Upgrade [DONE]
>     * Gerrit Upgrade
>     * Jenkins OS Upgrade
>     * Jenkins Upgrade
> * Developer Productivity Enhancement
>     * Reduce test intermittency (Process for fixing and ownership).
>     * Time taken for regression runs - parallel runs.
>     * Fix Gerrit-Jenkins integration (especially voting issues).
> * Reducing costs
>     * Centalized logs from Regression jobs.
>     * On-demand VMs for testing
>     * Fully automated VM setup, so in case we need more test machines, they connect to Jenkins automatically.

we already do have a huge part of this one, we just need to make sure
the VM are good enough (the "join to jenkins automatically" is gonna be
interesting too...)

> * Building out nightly pipeline
>     * Bring all the test results in one place (Glusto, RPMLint, static analysis, coverity scans).
>     * Automated builds once the tests pass
>     * Automated repo creation and package signing.
>     * Process for fixing bustage in the pipeline.
>     * Long-term goal - Adopt this for release pipeline.

On the security point of view, and while there is already a lot to do, I
was looking at adding automated checksum of the download mirrors. Of
course, to automate that, I had to add features to our VM installation
ansible role, who then required more feature in ansible, who made me
find a bug in ansible that I now need to fix (whose fix is not a
oneliner). (and I am just at the part "creating a partitition" of my 10
steps plan ...)