[Gluster-infra] Creation of Clang Job in Upstream Jenkins

Niels de Vos ndevos at redhat.com
Tue Mar 29 09:58:29 UTC 2016

On Tue, Mar 29, 2016 at 12:01:59PM +0530, Prasanna Kalever wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 22, 2016 at 6:12 PM, Michael Scherer <mscherer at redhat.com> wrote:
> > Le mardi 22 mars 2016 à 15:48 +0530, Prasanna Kalever a écrit :
> >> Hello,

> >> e have integrated clang checker job in local Jenkins 10.70.41.41, thanks to
> >> Raghavendra Talur for sitting with me.
> >>
> >> Can someone grant me the access to upstream Jenkins
> >>
> >> ? so that I can replicate the clang job there.
> >> As part of this, I request to install '
> >> clang-analyzer.noarch package in all the slaves
> >
> > I assume you mean "all the Linux slave", since I am not sure there is
> > such package for netbsd and freebsd ?
> >
> > I pushed the change on salt and ansible.
>
> Thanks misc,
> I am planning to use Centos slaves, so your assumption is right.
>

> Can some one grant me credentials of upstream Jenkins please?
> I am waiting for this...

I might be late to the conversation...

Should we run this on our Gluster slaves in our already difficult to
maintain Jenkins infra. Or should this be a (scheduled) job that runs on
the machines in the CentOS CI?

Examples of jobs that we currently have in the CentOS CI:

 - https://ci.centos.org/view/Gluster/
 - https://github.com/gluster/glusterfs-patch-acceptance-tests/tree/master/centos-ci

We can also trigger on patch submissions, but if we do that, we need to
decide how the reporting back to Gerrit should be done. Would it require
a new label?

Niels