[Gluster-infra] Core pattern change in centos regression machines

Niels de Vos ndevos at redhat.com
Tue Mar 15 04:46:06 UTC 2016

On Mon, Mar 14, 2016 at 09:04:04AM -0400, Prasanna Kumar Kalever wrote:
> Hi,
>
> As part of dumping back-trace of core files in console log of jenkins
> we need executable name, finding executable name from the corefile is
> not common across platfoms, hence lets make the executable name as
> part of corefile name in all Centos jenkin slaves similar to netbsd
> slaves.
>
> Currently Core pattern in Netbsd slaves is
> # /sbin/sysctl -n kern.defcorename
> /%n-%p.core
>
> Lets set same in Centos slaves as well
> # /sbin/sysctl -w kernel.core_pattern="/%e-%p.core"
>
> Once the above changes are done in CentOs machines, I shall push a
> patch to glusterfs-patch-acceptance-tests making changes needed in
> regression.sh

This most likely needs to be run by the regression test itself. Or at
least have the check in the main script starting the regressions. On
CentOS and other Fedora/RHEL based systems, we should probably integrate
with abrt instead of writing our own solution? abrt generates everything
we need, and it matches much more closely to what users have on their
systems. It has a huge advantage to use existing tools so that
developers and users can apply standard knowledge of the OS.

Not sure how NetBSD and FreeBSD do this, I do not think they have abrt.

Niels