[Gluster-infra] qcow2 images / jenkins machines

Michael Scherer mscherer at redhat.com
Thu Mar 10 19:10:10 UTC 2016

Le mercredi 09 mars 2016 à 11:49 -0500, Dan Lambright a écrit :
> I would like to load onto openstack qcow2 images and profiles most closely resembling what we run in jenkins, to recreate problems seen in regression.
>
> What are the OS levels do we use on Jenkins for testing? I see:
>
> netbsd7
>
> centos6
>
> fedora22
>
> and "nbslave", RHEL7 ?
>
> This is a very cursory look. How much memory and cores are these images given?
>
> If anyone knows the answer to these questions, response is appreciated.

so we have mostly centos 6 and netbsd 7, running on rackspace

The centos 6 are
2g of ram, 2 core
model name	: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2670 0 @ 2.60GHz

Fedora 22 is just for smoke tests.
Ther eis another Centos - who was here to validate the automated
deployment, and a freebsd server for smoke test.

We do not use image based deployment, but mostly salt, using this
states :
https://github.com/gluster/gluster.org_salt_states/blob/master/jenkins/slave.sls

We will be converting this to ansible in the coming month, and
Raghavendra Talur was working on a vagrant/ansible setup for testing too
(hope we can unify both at some time in the future too)

No RHEL/Centos 7 yet, but we should.