[Gluster-infra] Timeout for jenkins builds

Raghavendra Talur rtalur at redhat.com
Thu Jan 7 11:07:40 UTC 2016

On Thu, Jan 7, 2016 at 4:26 PM, Niels de Vos <ndevos at redhat.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 07, 2016 at 03:32:57PM +0530, Raghavendra Talur wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have enabled timeouts for jenkins builds.
> > Regression on CentOS and NetBSD now both have a 300 minutes(5 hour)
> timeout
> > and tests will be marked "FAILED" when if it does not complete by then.
>
> Do you know who is investigating these hangs?

This is already done. Thanks to Manikandan and Raghavendra Gowdappa for
getting debug info and providing fix respectively.
Here is the fix http://review.gluster.org/#/c/13177/ and it is already
merged.
Rebase your patches to get them pass on NetBSD.

> > This is keeping in view the recent hangs which ran tests for more than
> > 10-14 hour.
> >
> > Also, the script used in NetBSD does not do any cleanup between runs like
> > the CentOS script does.
> > I did not modify it for now but we should. Let me know If someone wants
> > take it up. I will have a go at it next week if there are no replies.
>
> It would be nice to have an extremely simple Jenkins job, that only
> executes a script that is located on disk. Could we get such a script in
> https://github.com/gluster/glusterfs-patch-acceptance-tests so that we
> can easily start running regression tests in the CentOS CI as well?

+10
Some questions:
1. Currently our images have all the packages baked in, what would be the
implication if the slaves are fresh CentOS images and need to download the
packages
as part of a ansible playbook?
2. Instead of regression.sh(in glusterfs-patch-acceptance-tests),
run-tests.sh(in glusterfs) is the place where most of the intelligence
should reside.
    This would make creating jenkins job much simpler. Thoughts?

> I would also like to have the Jenkins jobs exported as XML and saved in
> the same git repository. That should make it much easier to import the
> jobs in other Jenkins environments. Exporting and importing can be done
> with the Jenkins CLI, see http://build.gluster.org/cli for details.

Awesome idea!!!