[Gluster-infra] Gerrit trigger isn't working

Vijay Bellur vbellur at redhat.com
Mon Feb 8 04:04:06 UTC 2016

On 02/07/2016 07:04 PM, Niels de Vos wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 07, 2016 at 02:18:04PM +0530, Raghavendra Talur wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> The last triggered builds in jenkins show the following time for me
>> Feb 6, 2016 1:24 PM
>>
>> Current time as per jenkins is
>> Feb 7, 2016 12:45:50 AM
>>
>> I am guessing some change happened about 12 hours ago which caused gerrit
>> trigger to stop working.
>>
>> I have started a few jobs using "build with parameters" option and it is
>> working fine.
>>

>> Could someone have a look..
>
> I've also reported this a little earlier already, not with that much
> detail though.
>
>    http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.file-systems.gluster.infra/900
>
> We really need to find a solution to improve the availability of
> services like Gerrit/Jenkins. The few admins that know (or guess) what
> to do when a problem occurs, all have many other tasks. When they are
> unavailable due to travelling or other things, we're pretty much stuck
> at the moment :-/

My understanding of the problem -

Some unknown trigger causes a password to appear for SSH Keyfile in the
gerrit-trigger plugin:

https://build.gluster.org/gerrit-trigger/server/review.gluster.org/

We do not need password for the SSH keyfile to connect to gerrit and
presence of a password results in a connection failure. If you cleanup
the password and attempt a connection, it works. However saving the
configuration after clearing the password doesn't seem to work as the
password does not get cleared in the URL listed above. A jenkins restart
might help.

gerrit-trigger seems to inherit this password from the configured
credentials and am not entirely certain about why/how the credentials
configuration came about.

Sending this across for future reference. Kaushal and/or Misc might have
better ideas than me as far as this problem is concerned.

Regards,
Vijay