[Gluster-infra] Please welcome Worker Ant

Niels de Vos ndevos at redhat.com
Tue Aug 23 09:18:05 UTC 2016

On Mon, Aug 22, 2016 at 05:17:49PM -0700, Amye Scavarda wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 22, 2016 at 2:47 AM, Niels de Vos <ndevos at redhat.com> wrote:

> > today

> > project-infrastructure.
> > request when
> > >
> > > You got me curious, in which case are private bugs required ?
> > >
> > > Do we need to make sure that the review is private also or something ?
> >
> > I do not expect any private bugs. On occasion it happens that a bug gets
> > cloned from Red Hat Gluster Storage and it can contain customer details.
> > Sometimes those bugs are not cleaned during the cloning (BAD!) and keep
> > the references to details from customers.
> >
> > All bugs that we have in the GlusterFS product in bugzilla must be
> > public, and must have a public description of the reported problem.
> >
> > Niels

> Is it worth denying all posts from RHGS and causing people to manually
> submit bugs?
> I realize that's using a hammer on an edge-case, but if someone is moving a
> bug to the gluster.org project, I feel like it's on them to scrub it.

I do not think it is possible to configure the 'clone' functionality in
Bugzilla to reject clones from one product (RHGS) to an other
(GlusterFS). We could ask the Bugzilla team, I guess. It would be a
clean way of doing things, and should get us better quality bugs in the
Gluster community.

It definitely is the task of the person cloning the bug to

1. clean it from customer references and private data
2. make sure the correct component/sub-component is set
3. have an understandable problem description and other supportive data
4. .. all other standard Bug Triage points

Maybe it is good to repeat this towards RHGS Engineering + Management
again, if it happens regularly.

Niels