[Gluster-infra] Move of the ci.gluster.org server from one location to another location

Michael Scherer mscherer at redhat.com
Mon Aug 8 13:11:14 UTC 2016

Le mercredi 03 août 2016 à 14:43 +0200, Michael Scherer a écrit :
> Le jeudi 28 juillet 2016 à 10:21 -0700, Amye Scavarda a écrit :

> > > We just need to make sure that all patches for 3.8.2 have been tested in
> > > the CI before the move. It shortens the development cycle a few days,
> > > and it would have been nice to know a little more in advance and
> > > mentioned in the community meeting.
> > >
> > > I do not think there are any critical patches for the release, so I do
> > > not expect any problems with the outage either. (Although it really
> > > isn't nice to treat 3.8 releases as guinea pig for infrastructure
> > > changes.)
> > >
> > > Niels
> > >
> > > I brought this up to the community cage group this morning, and we'll look
> > to move the VMs after the 3.8.2 release.
> > I'll let Michael put in more details around exact timing.
>
> So we still do not have the exact timing, that's waiting on IT to
> configure the network port (and then I have to copy data, and configure
> the server for new network, and admin cards, and various stuff).

So After coming back from weekend, and dealing with my backlog of mail
and expenses, I just received a notification that IT did moved the
server (on friday evening) and it does even answer to ping on the admin
interface. So I will configure it for internet access later today or
tomorow (depending on my capacity to read all mails and doing meetings),
and will then plan to the test move once I am confident the server is
ok.