[Gluster-infra] Move of the ci.gluster.org server from one location to another location
mscherer at redhat.com
Wed Aug 3 12:43:36 UTC 2016
Le jeudi 28 juillet 2016 à 10:21 -0700, Amye Scavarda a écrit :
> On Thu, Jul 28, 2016 at 4:05 AM, Niels de Vos <ndevos at redhat.com> wrote:
> > On Thu, Jul 28, 2016 at 06:21:33AM -0400, Kaleb KEITHLEY wrote:
> > > On 07/27/2016 05:18 PM, Amye Scavarda wrote:
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > From the latest updates on the cage list, it looks like we're tracking
> > > > for these moves/downtime for August 8-9? That'll be Monday-Tuesday.
> > > > Any complaints about that schedule?
> > >
> > > 3.8.x releases are scheduled for the 10th of each month. In yesterday's
> > > Community meeting Niels said that 3.8.2 is planned to be released on
> > > schedule.
> > >
> > > If this goes as planned then it shouldn't be a problem, right?
> > We just need to make sure that all patches for 3.8.2 have been tested in
> > the CI before the move. It shortens the development cycle a few days,
> > and it would have been nice to know a little more in advance and
> > mentioned in the community meeting.
> > I do not think there are any critical patches for the release, so I do
> > not expect any problems with the outage either. (Although it really
> > isn't nice to treat 3.8 releases as guinea pig for infrastructure
> > changes.)
> > Niels
> > I brought this up to the community cage group this morning, and we'll look
> to move the VMs after the 3.8.2 release.
> I'll let Michael put in more details around exact timing.
So we still do not have the exact timing, that's waiting on IT to
configure the network port (and then I have to copy data, and configure
the server for new network, and admin cards, and various stuff).
But since people did ask questions and there was some misunderstanding
on the date, I want to just make sure that any planned downtime for
community impacting infra will not happen just before a release. Not
that the plan is to break stuff, but I rather not take the risk :)
So when the move of VM will happen (separate of the move of 1 server),
we will make sure there is enough time before a release (like, try to
get at least 1 week before the next planned release, or delay after the
Sysadmin, Community Infrastructure and Platform, OSAS
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 836 bytes
Desc: This is a digitally signed message part
More information about the Gluster-infra