[Gluster-infra] Can I update /opt/qa for NetBSD?

Nigel Babu nigelb at redhat.com
Mon Aug 8 05:02:45 UTC 2016

On Sun, Aug 07, 2016 at 06:41:49AM +0200, Emmanuel Dreyfus wrote:
> Nigel Babu <nigelb at redhat.com> wrote:
>
> > * A bunch of cleanup scripts are in build.sh. I think they can move into the
> >   Jenkins job itself. That's what we do for linux boxes.
>
> Feel free to do it, but is there a benefit? If it is not broken, do not
> fix it...

Originally, I was trying to fix two small things - Routinely clear up the
archives folder and fix the link to the logs.

> > * Some test files have been made to 0644. Is this relevant or are these
> >   accidental changes?
>
> Probable accidental change.

Excellent, I'll revert them and merge them.

> > * Can the Python path and stuff be declared before the build.sh script is
> >   called in the Jenkins script? I don't know if this will work, I'll have to
> >   test.
>
> You need to run build.sh so that configure is invoked and env.rc is
> created with appropriate @BUILD_PYTHON_SITE_PACKAGES@ set
> (see tests/env.rc.in)

Yeah, this is the bit where I'm unsure if I can set it in Jenkins or only on
this particular script.

> > * I think we now have a standard way of skipping tests in the test runner
> >   itself rather than deleting the tests from the checkout. If not, I'll drive
> >   these fixes.
>
> It may not scale when you want to skip all the bugs directory.

Aha.

> > * The check for whether there's two jobs assigned to the same machine can
> > be controlled from Jenkins and I plan to do that, so we can probably
> > remove that code as well.
>
> That seems better, as the current setting bugs when a job is manually
> cancelled and retriggered (here is a point to fix!)

This is my primary reason for doing the merge so we know exactly what needs
fixing! I'll get the Jenkins config changes necessary this week so we don't
have to hack our way around it :)

Thanks a bunch for your comments. I'll dig into this some more and start fixing
things up slowly. I'll definitely appreciate any feedback you can have in terms
of code when it's ready for review.

--
nigelb