[Gluster-infra] Firewall added on jenkins master

Michael Scherer mscherer at redhat.com
Mon Nov 9 18:20:45 UTC 2015

Hi,
following
http://foxglovesecurity.com/2015/11/06/what-do-weblogic-websphere-jboss-jenkins-opennms-and-your-application-have-in-common-this-vulnerability/ ,
I decided to take a closer look at the jenkins server.

And
1) there is a "few" update waiting for (just 300 of them...)
2) running update fill the space on the disk (hence why it was not
running)
3) the firewall was removed (I have added it back)
4) selinux is disabled. Not even enforced, disabled.

So I am gonna mitigate the exploit right now, adding filtering and take
a closer look on that server for potential compromise. I might have to
reboot it to enable selinux, etc.