[Gluster-infra] Freebsd slave upgrade

Michael Scherer mscherer at redhat.com
Fri Jun 19 11:00:02 UTC 2015

Le vendredi 19 juin 2015 à 12:05 +0200, Niels de Vos a écrit :
> On Thu, Jun 18, 2015 at 01:42:52PM +0200, Michael Scherer wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > so I upgraded the freebsd VM to latest packages ( for having the latest
> > salt, and because pkg audit was showing a few CVE, and still show them
> > ), but there is some conflict on xen-tools.
> >
> > As I am not a freebsd expert, not sure if that's expected. I am also not
> > sure who to contact for that specific server.
>
> Jobs were not getting accepted with unclear messages... I have rebooted
> the VM and tried starting the Jenkins Slave. It seemed that there was no
> Java installed on the VM. I wonder how it could have ever worked...

I did see a message about 1 java-foo-bar-etc package being removed, but
I figured this would be replaced by something else that would provides
it. Guess i was wrong and I am too spoiled by RHEL promises.

Sorry about that :/

> Installed it through "pkg", feel free to correct it if there is a better
> way. Maybe add the package to the Salt configuration too?

Yep, it should. But for now, I was fighting against libvirt and others
stuff, so freebsd was not my priority. ( and also, I am on PTO for a few
days this week and the week after, and on a conference, so I may not be
able to spend as much time as needed )