[Gluster-infra] Freebsd slave upgrade

Niels de Vos ndevos at redhat.com
Fri Jun 19 10:05:57 UTC 2015

On Thu, Jun 18, 2015 at 01:42:52PM +0200, Michael Scherer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> so I upgraded the freebsd VM to latest packages ( for having the latest
> salt, and because pkg audit was showing a few CVE, and still show them
> ), but there is some conflict on xen-tools.
>
> As I am not a freebsd expert, not sure if that's expected. I am also not
> sure who to contact for that specific server.

Jobs were not getting accepted with unclear messages... I have rebooted
the VM and tried starting the Jenkins Slave. It seemed that there was no
Java installed on the VM. I wonder how it could have ever worked...

Installed it through "pkg", feel free to correct it if there is a better
way. Maybe add the package to the Salt configuration too?

Thanks,
Niels

[root at freebsd0 ~]# pkg install openjdk8-jre
Updating FreeBSD repository catalogue...
FreeBSD repository is up-to-date.
All repositories are up-to-date.
The following 3 package(s) will be affected (of 0 checked):

New packages to be INSTALLED:
	openjdk8-jre: 8.45.14_1
	javavmwrapper: 2.5

Installed packages to be UPGRADED:
	libXtst: 1.2.2_2 -> 1.2.2_3

The process will require 97 MiB more space.
25 MiB to be downloaded.

Proceed with this action? [y/N]: y
[root at freebsd0 ~]# java -version
openjdk version "1.8.0_45"
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_45-b14)