[Gluster-infra] Where's the documentation source?

Michael Scherer mscherer at redhat.com
Fri Jan 9 18:08:52 UTC 2015

Le vendredi 09 janvier 2015 à 09:56 -0800, Joe Julian a écrit :

> On 01/09/2015 06:06 AM, Tuomas Kuosmanen wrote:

I was speaking of the oldlayout and documentation folder in gluster-doc.
One of them need to go, not sure which. And it doesn't completely build,
IIRC.

But yeah, there is also the fact there is documentation in gluster-site.

The layout of the complete website is a bit messy, to say the least. We
have all application using some specific url, that are referenced
everywhere, etc.

> The wiki works for sysadmins that are not devs. Everyone knows how to
> type something into a box and hit submit.
>
> Nobody from outside Red Hat is offering anything since this whole push
> to leave the wiki behind was started. With documentation spread all
> over the place, nobody can (a) figure out which docs are relevant and
> (b) figure out how to report/submit a change. I'm consistently having
> people pop in to IRC to report a bug in one form of documentation or
> another, or asking about arcane deprecated uses from the wiki. I don't
> care which one we use, but can we please settle on just one.

Yeah, we should. i was looking at making the doc auto updated, but it
need clarity.

Open Source and Standards, Sysadmin