[Gluster-infra] Where's the documentation source?

Joe Julian joe at julianfamily.org
Fri Jan 9 17:56:59 UTC 2015

On 01/09/2015 06:06 AM, Tuomas Kuosmanen wrote:
> [...]
So, there's the docs in the source tree,
https://forge.gluster.org/gluster-docs-project, the wiki, and some docs
in https://forge.gluster.org/gluster-site/gluster-site.

The devs are /supposed/ to update the docs in the source tree when they
make a change to the software (last I heard).

There's a few Red Hat people and several spammers contributing to
gluster-docs-project. Looks like it's driven by osas and is owned
exclusively by Red Hat, copyright and all rights reserved with no
license to the contrary.

Michael says the docs in gluster-site are an accident. Looks like that
directory needs to be added to .gitignore?

The wiki works for sysadmins that are not devs. Everyone knows how to
type something into a box and hit submit.

Nobody from outside Red Hat is offering anything since this whole push
to leave the wiki behind was started. With documentation spread all over
the place, nobody can (a) figure out which docs are relevant and (b)
figure out how to report/submit a change. I'm consistently having people
pop in to IRC to report a bug in one form of documentation or another,
or asking about arcane deprecated uses from the wiki. I don't care which
one we use, but can we please settle on just one.