[Gluster-infra] Revamping GlusterFS website for expanded participation

Soumya Deb deb at redhat.com
Fri Feb 27 09:04:09 UTC 2015

FWIW, the discussion was short & we planned to continue on the list.
(I'm okay with having a different, more focused thread, if need be)

The only part that was discussed in detail was the landing page's
infra side. I tried to make point why it'd be a good idea to use
completely client-side (i.e. static) website (instead of a build
process to come in between), and leverage from the github pages
infra for the staging/demo (also, easier to verify the pull-requests,
as you can see the changes in action), lessen the initial threshold,
dependency & overheads to start with & open it up for a larger set of
frontend devs to collaborate on.

Tigert has some real good suggestion on the doc-integration part.

We're still trying to find the best way of community-connection in
the website & the detailed plan for that.

Let's call this a good start & continue from here. ;)