[Gluster-infra] Enforcing Linux AND NetBSD regression test passing

Justin Clift justin at gluster.org
Mon Apr 13 10:07:24 UTC 2015

On 13 Apr 2015, at 05:12, Niels de Vos <ndevos at redhat.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 13, 2015 at 04:30:41AM +0200, Emmanuel Dreyfus wrote:
>> Emmanuel Dreyfus <manu at netbsd.org> wrote:
>>
>>> This will be very useful. A possible impovement would be to tell gerrit
>>> to display the passed mark for verified>=2 instead of verified>=1 as it
>>> does today.
>>
>> This is explained in the documentation:
>> https://gerrit-review.googlesource.com/Documentation/config-labels.html#label_Verified
>>
>> "Additional values could also be added to this label, to allow it to behave more like
>> Code-Review (below). Add -2 and +2 entries to the label.Verified.value fields in
>> project.config to get the same behavior."
>>
>> Investigating this has merit beyond NetBSD voting, as it would allow to split Linux
>> regression in multiple parallel jobs, resulting in faster outcomes. For instance one job
>> for tests/bugs and one job for other subdirectories. And in the end you would want
>> verified=+3 (2 Linux and 1 NetBSD)

k, I'm trying to get my head around that.  It might be simpler for me to setup
a test instance of Gerrit for you to try stuff out on.  (pretty simple to do)

Would that be workable?

> This definitely sounds like the way to go to me too. Who can adjust the
> project configuration in Gerrit for this? Starting with a Verified=+2
> requirement so that the Linux and NetBSD regressions both are needed
> before a patch can get merged?

I think it'd be a matter of:

 a) Change the config for the "verified" label, as per that web page
 b) Create a new group "NetBSD Regression Group"
 c) Add the NetBSD Regression to the group
 d) Add permissions for that label to the group

I'd look into it myself, but am focused on other Gerrit bits at the moment
and already hitting info-overload way too often. ;)