[Gluster-infra] quickstart install instructions

Deepak Shetty dpkshetty at gmail.com
Thu Nov 27 14:02:32 UTC 2014

On Nov 27, 2014 7:25 PM, "Tuomas Kuosmanen" <tigert at redhat.com> wrote:

> [...]

Yeah, like a wizard, ask Qs ,eg. Install in vm or batemetal etc, then give
rpm install or vagrant choice... Something like that

> > Again, we can just add links to these deployment specific pages or have
> > someone invest time and effort in validating each one of these, putting
> > proper instructions with screen shots for each deployment method and
> > collating all these methods into a nice document that would be priceless
> > for someone new and experienced with gluster deployment. After all its
> > logical & expected for gluster.org to have the best documentation for
> > deploying gluster
>
> Yeah. I am usually fond of HOWTOs that deal with a certain scenario, that
would
> be one way to solve this.

Howtos are good too.

> But we need to have something to start with, we can expand it later.
Right now
> there's the directory listing of the file server when you click
"Download".
> That's a bit rough adventure for a newcomer :)
>
> We could start from your list of possible installation scenarios, if you
can
> write up a bit of explanation on each, maybe we can get folks draft the
content
> on the wiki and we will get a nice set of howto's..?

Well i can talk high level abt each option, but don't have bandwidth to
test each and document steps, if someone volunteers, i can help review the
writeup

Thanks
Deepak