[Gluster-infra] Fw: [Gluster-devel] In what kind of circumstance, the changlog trusted.afr.xxx of a file will become 0xFFFFFFFF

Justin Clift justin at gluster.org
Fri Nov 21 18:03:25 UTC 2014

Begin forwarded message:
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2014 10:46:42 +0800
From: Jaden Liang <jaden1q84 at gmail.com>
To: "gluster-devel at gluster.org" <gluster-devel at gluster.org>
Subject: [Gluster-devel] In what kind of circumstance, the changlog
trusted.afr.xxx of a file will become 0xFFFFFFFF
<snip>
> BTW, one of the servers did disconnect for less than 1 minute then
> came back 1 miute and keep this loop for one 12 hours(Just testing the
> glusterfs behavior in bad network circumstance). As I know, the
> changelog of aft-xlator is modified by increase or decrease with 1. I
> think it is unlikely the operations increase to 0xFFFFFFFF. It might
> be some buggy code decrease changelog to -1 which is 0xFFFFFFFF.

That sounds like a potentially useful test exercise that could be run
on the Longevity Cluster now and again.  Would just need something
running on it to disconnect then reconnect the ethernet port every
minute.

Maybe a crontab set to fire each minute, that just toggles the port
state?