[Gluster-infra] misc has remote root access to review.gluster.org now

Michael Scherer mscherer at redhat.com
Tue Jun 24 21:33:52 UTC 2014

Le mardi 24 juin 2014 à 14:34 -0400, Jeff Darcy a écrit :
> > Just gave remote root access to Michael Scherer (misc) for
> > review.gluster.org.
> >
> > He's agreed to create the replacement for review.gluster.org,
> > which is badly outdated.
>

> In what ways will the replacement be different?  I'm guessing a
> new host with newer versions of OS and Gerrit+dependencies.  Is
> anything else planned?

Hi,

so Justin asked me if I could help to update the server and make sure
there is backup, etc, etc.

So I guess "having a more sustainable setup" would be the task. But for
now, i do not have any definite proposal, I still need to look around,
see the "business" need, the importance of this server, etc.

I would first start with:
- install a new server with likely a EL7 as a base
- move gerrit there
- move others service
- remove old one after doing backup of the whole server

If I was ambitious, i would also install a configuration management, a
backup server, a monitoring system, etc :)

I will look around and send a email with various questions (also, maybe
a email to present myself too, would be more polite)
Open Source and Standards, Sysadmin