[Gluster-infra] Mediawiki version on gluster.org

Justin Clift justin at gluster.org
Sat Aug 30 23:26:37 UTC 2014

On 29/08/2014, at 2:20 PM, John Mark Walker wrote:
> Definitely upgrade - it's just a vanilla install from mediawiki.org.

Analysing the custom extensions added to our MediaWiki install,
there are two I'm unsure about:

 * DumpHTML
   https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:DumpHTML

   Apparently this isn't maintained properly any more.  Do we use
   it?

 * VisualEditor
   https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:VisualEditor

   Although it's present in our extensions folder, it's not enabled
   in LocalSettings.php.

   Guessing that's because it needs a separate node.js based
   web-service called Parsoid set up + maintained in order to work.
   Which seems like a PITA (looking at it's instructions).

   Is there more to know about this, or can we drop this one?