[Gluster-infra] Backup strategy for our infrastructure?

Justin Clift justin at gluster.org
Thu Aug 21 08:21:06 UTC 2014

On 21/08/2014, at 4:17 AM, Louis Zuckerman wrote:
<snip>
> In order to "kick the tires" on these two alternatives, I have set them both up on my SonarQube server, the one called gluster-sonar in the RS control panel.  I'll check back after a few days to see how the backups are going, and test a restore from both services to compare.

Cool. :)

> Can anyone suggest an off-rackspace backup solution we could use in addition to these services?

Two options spring to mind immediately.

1) We could rsync (etc) whatever's in the Rackspace backup to
   somewhere inside Red Hat.  Kaleb keeps on pointing out we
   have a bunch of servers and storage available inside the
   Red Hat firewall now.

2) I have a (personal) Linode that's been online for years,
   and is kept up to date package wise.  It normally has
   ~20GB free.

Option 1) is probably better.  It obviously has restrictions
on who can access it due to firewall (eg RH staff).  But I'm
thinking that should be workable since it's not the primary
backup set.

?

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift