[Gluster-infra] [Gluster-devel] GlusterFS in Ubuntu issues (bug 1086460)

Justin Clift justin at gluster.org
Mon Apr 28 14:31:46 UTC 2014

On 28/04/2014, at 2:18 PM, Kaleb S. KEITHLEY wrote:
> On 04/25/2014 06:23 PM, Joe Julian wrote:
>>>
>> Just to keep all this discussion in one place:
>>
>> #gluster [10:01] <kkeithley> JoeJulian: I'll try running cppcheck to see
>> how long it takes. I'm setting up a bunch of machines to do things like
>> routinely run things like coverity, cppcheck, valgrind, etc. If cppcheck
>> takes too long perhaps we just want a daily run instead of a run every
>> time someone commits
>
> Seems to take about 15 minutes. At least in the VM I set up on a fairly beefy server.
>
> Off hand though I'm not sure we want to add another 15 minutes of tests to every commit. Justin has indicated that there's a hook in Jenkins to run cppcheck.

Heh, that was Lala (not me).

> I propose a weekly (or daily) run of master/head — does that seem reasonable?

Yeah, sounds fine here.

> Related to that, we need Jenkins slaves. Are we satisfied with using Rackspace VMs for this? Are we making any headway with adding slaves for things like gluster regression tests? Those being perhaps the biggest bottleneck.

It's on my plate to get the regression stuff working this week.  I'd intended
to do it last week, but other "more urgent" stuff got in the way (eg certificate
updates and so on).

> I have a beefy server with a big disk array that we could send to the Phoenix lab and put in the DMZ, accessible from the outside, but I don't know if we have any space there for more gear. Is that something people think is worth pursuing, or should we just stick to Rackspace VMs?

Lets look at this again next week, and see if the regression-tests-in-Rackspace
is working or not, then make a call from there?

In the meantime, would you be ok to find out if there's space in the Phoenix lab?

That'd give us useful info either way. :)

Open Source and Standards @ Red Hat

twitter.com/realjustinclift