[Gluster-infra] Gluster Infrastructure IRC Meeting

johnmark at redhat.com johnmark at redhat.com
Thu Aug 9 15:35:19 PDT 2012

The following is a new meeting request:

Subject: Gluster Infrastructure IRC Meeting
Organizer: "John Mark Walker" <johnmark at redhat.com>

Location: #gluster-meeting on freenode
Time: Thursday, August 9, 2012, 10:00:00 PM - 11:00:00 PM GMT -05:00 US/Canada Eastern

Invitees: gluster-infra at gluster.org

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Come one, come all, to the Gluster infrastructure meeting in #gluster-meeting on freenode.

As many of you have probably noticed, there are many glaring items we need to take care of in order for the Gluster project to be more successful. We want to make it easier for new users and developers to understand GlusterFS concepts and reduce the learning curve. Part of this means building out docs. Well, that's actually a major part of it. But there's also the aspect of our gluster.org web properties and how best to utilize them. To that end, we're establishing this project to get the ball rolling in these areas.

We will discuss all or some of the following topics:

1. Setting the scope of the infrastructure project
2. Documentation update
3. Web infrastructure update
   3a. What should we do with the existing web site(s) going forward

By the end of this meeting, we should have consensus on each of the items above, and a plan of attack.

But first, lay out your thoughts on the above items, and whatever else you would like to add to the agenda.

Thanks,
JM