[Gluster-devel] Minutes of Gluster Community Meeting 25th Feb 2020
hgowtham at redhat.com
Thu Feb 27 08:05:47 UTC 2020
Name (#gluster-dev alias) - company
- Team from Kadalu.IO (Amar, Aravinda, Sankarshan)
- Team from Red Hat (Hari, Sunil, Karthik, Yati, Ravi, Sunny, Sheetal,
sanju, Rinku, Shwetha)
- David Spisla - Gluster Community
- issue with worm xlator. David will send out a patch.
- Project metrics:
Coverity <https://scan.coverity.com/projects/gluster-glusterfs> 57
Clang Scan <https://build.gluster.org/job/clang-scan/lastBuild/> 58
New Bugs in last 14 days
Gluster User Queries in last 14 days
Total Github issues <https://github.com/gluster/glusterfs/issues> 438
Any release updates?
- The 7.3 release’s fedora package
has issue. Path in server is ‘f30’, and this has ‘fedora-30’.
- scripts to migrate are ready (permission to close is unavailable.
someone from redhat has to do it for now)
Blocker issues across the project?
- [Amar] Please check bugzilla -> github migration topic.
- More on it @ github issue
Notable thread form mailing list
- Alternative option for GlusterFS
- user opinion matters, is project active, how stable is it and
other such questions. How to make others know that there are
happy users as
- How many downloads are done is a way to show how active it is.
- Who is using page on Gluster and let users fill that for us.
- We can think more on this.
- netdata gluster plugin
- expectation from many users. Devs can consider this as one of
the AI and work on it.
Conferences / Meetups
- September 23rd to 25th 2020 in Framingham, MA.
CFP Closed : 27th April
Schedule Announcement : July 3, 2020
Event Open for Registration : July 3 2020
Last Date of Registration :
Talks related to gluster:
GlusterFS - v8.0 and beyond
- Any design specs to discuss?
- Arbiter - Nil
- AFR - corner case of gfid split brain fixed
- DHT - nil
- EC - nil
- DOC - release notes, small changes then and there
- Geo Replication - nil
- Glusterd - bricks mux issue of multiple bricks being spawned is merged
- thin-arbiter - Ashish set a patch for client connection. merged on
Flash Talk Gluster
Recent Blog posts / Document updates
- please do submit it as per the steps here
Gluster Friday Five
Every friday we release this, which basically covers highlight of week
in gluster. Also, you can find more videos in youtube link.
- Who will host next meeting?
- Host will need to send out the agenda 24hr - 12hrs in advance to
mailing list, and also make sure to send the meeting minutes.
- Host will need to reach out to one user at least who can talk about
their usecase, their experience, and their needs.
- Host needs to send meeting minutes as PR to
- Host has to send the meeting minutes as a mail to the gluster-devel
and gluster-users list.
- Who will take notes from the next meeting?
release - 7 has a lot of issues.
Better to test and then release.
the particular one announced has to be built and made available.
Ravi - bugs are raised on various components. One user encountered a crash
on power pc architecture but I was not reproducible on x86_64. Just wanted
to point out that there are folks using gluster on non-conventional archs.
Sunny - Use the order as per agenda.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Gluster-devel