[Gluster-devel] making frame->root->unique more effective in debugging hung frames

FNU Raghavendra Manjunath rabhat at redhat.com
Fri May 24 17:27:16 UTC 2019

The idea looks OK. One of the things that probably need to be considered
(more of an implementation detail though) is how to generate
frame->root->unique.

Because, for fuse, frame->root->unique is obtained by finh->unique which
IIUC is got from the incoming fop from kernel itself.
For protocol/server IIUC frame->root->unique is got from req->xit of the
rpc request, which itself is obtained from transport->xid of the
rpc_transport_t structure (and from my understanding, the transport->xid is
just incremented by everytime a
new rpc request is created).

Overall the suggestion looks fine though.

Regards,
Raghavendra