[Gluster-devel] making frame->root->unique more effective in debugging hung frames

Pranith Kumar Karampuri pkarampu at redhat.com
Fri May 24 06:26:47 UTC 2019

Hi,
        At the moment new stack doesn't populate frame->root->unique in all
cases. This makes it difficult to debug hung frames by examining successive
state dumps. Fuse and server xlator populate it whenever they can, but
other xlators won't be able to assign one when they need to create a new
frame/stack. Is it okay to change create_frame() code to always populate it
with an increasing number for this purpose?
     I checked both fuse and server xlator use it only in gf_log() so it
doesn't seem like there is any other link between frame->root->unique and
the functionality of fuse, server xlators.
      Do let me know if I missed anything before sending this change.

--
Pranith