[Gluster-devel] Following up on the "Github teams/repo cleanup"

Aravinda avishwan at redhat.com
Fri Mar 29 04:29:33 UTC 2019

On Fri, 2019-03-29 at 00:08 +0530, Sankarshan Mukhopadhyay wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 28, 2019 at 11:34 PM John Strunk <jstrunk at redhat.com>
> wrote:
> > Thanks for bringing this to the list.
> >
> > I think this is a good set of guidelines, and we should publicly
> > post and enforce them once agreement is reached.
> > The integrity of the gluster github org is important for the future
> > of the project.
> >

> I agree. And so, I am looking forward to additional
> individuals/maintainers agreeing to this so that we can codify it
> under the Gluster.org Github org too.

We can create new Github organization similar to facebookarchive(
https://github.com/facebookarchive), and move all unmaintained
repositories to that organization.

I strongly feel separate github organization is required to host new
projects. Once the project becomes mature we can promote to Gluster
organization. All new project should be created under this organization
instead of creating under main Gluster organization.

Inspirations:
- https://github.com/rust-lang-nursery
- https://github.com/facebookincubator
- https://github.com/cloudfoundry-incubator

> > On Wed, Mar 27, 2019 at 10:21 PM Sankarshan Mukhopadhyay <
> > sankarshan.mukhopadhyay at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > The one at <
> > > https://lists.gluster.org/pipermail/gluster-infra/2018-June/004589.html
> > > >
> > > I am not sure if the proposal from Michael was agreed to
> > > separately
> > > and it was done. Also, do we want to do this periodically?
> > >
> > > Feedback is appreciated.
regards
Aravinda