[Gluster-devel] Removing glupy from release 5.7

Kaleb Keithley kkeithle at redhat.com
Wed Jun 12 23:09:55 UTC 2019

On Wed, Jun 12, 2019 at 11:36 AM Kaleb Keithley <kkeithle at redhat.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 12, 2019 at 10:43 AM Amar Tumballi Suryanarayan <
> atumball at redhat.com> wrote:
>

>> We recently noticed that in one of the package update on builder (ie,
>> centos7.x machines), python3.6 got installed as a dependency. So, yes, it
>> is possible to have python3 in centos7 now.
>>

> EPEL updated from python34 to python36 recently, but C7 doesn't have
> python3 in the base. I don't think we've ever used EPEL packages for
> building.
>
> And GlusterFS-5 isn't python3 ready.

Correction: GlusterFS-5 is mostly or completely python3 ready.  FWIW,
python33 is available on both RHEL7 and CentOS7 from the Software
Collection Library (SCL), and python34 and now python36 are available from
EPEL.

But packages built for the CentOS Storage SIG have never used the SCL or
EPEL (EPEL not allowed) and the shebangs in the .py files are converted
from /usr/bin/python3 to /usr/bin/python2 during the rpmbuild %prep stage.
All the python dependencies for the packages remain the python2 flavors.
AFAIK the centos-regression machines ought to be building the same way.

--

Kaleb