[Gluster-devel] geo-replication won't start

Nux! nux at li.nux.ro
Thu Aug 22 16:20:28 UTC 2019

Hi,

I'm trying for the first time ever the geo-replication feature and I am
not having much success (CentOS7, gluster 6.5).
First of all, from the docs I get the impression that I can
geo-replicate over ssh to a simple dir, but it doesn't seem to be the
case, the "slave" must be a gluster volume, doesn't it?

Second, the slave host is not in the subnet with the other gluster
peers, but I reckon this would be the usual case and not a problem.

I've stopped the firewall on all peers and slave host to rule it out,
but I can't get the georep started.

Creation is successfull, however STATUS won't change from Created.
I'm looking through all the logs and I can't see anything meaningful.

What steps could I take to debug this further?

Cheers,
Lucian