[Gluster-devel] [Gluster-users] One more way to contact Gluster team - Slack (gluster.slack.com)

Harold Miller harold at redhat.com
Fri Apr 26 12:20:33 UTC 2019

Has Red Hat security cleared the Slack systems for confidential / customer
information?

If not, it will make it difficult for support to collect/answer questions.

Harold Miller, Associate Manager,
Red Hat, Enterprise Cloud Support
Desk - US (650) 254-4346

On Fri, Apr 26, 2019 at 6:00 AM Scott Worthington <
scott.c.worthington at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello, are you not _BOTH_ Red Hat FTEs or contractors?
>
> On Fri, Apr 26, 2019, 3:16 AM Michael Scherer <mscherer at redhat.com> wrote:
>
>> Le vendredi 26 avril 2019 à 13:24 +0530, Amar Tumballi Suryanarayan a
>> écrit :
>> > Hi All,
>> >
>> > We wanted to move to Slack from IRC for our official communication
>> > channel
>> > from sometime, but couldn't as we didn't had a proper URL for us to
>> > register. 'gluster' was taken and we didn't knew who had it
>> > registered.
>> > Thanks to constant ask from Satish, Slack team has now agreed to let
>> > us use
>> > https://gluster.slack.com and I am happy to invite you all there.
>> > (Use this
>> > link
>> > <
>> >
>> https://join.slack.com/t/gluster/shared_invite/enQtNjIxMTA1MTk3MDE1LWIzZWZjNzhkYWEwNDdiZWRiOTczMTc4ZjdiY2JiMTc3MDE5YmEyZTRkNzg0MWJiMWM3OGEyMDU2MmYzMTViYTA

>> > join)
>> >
>> > Please note that, it won't be a replacement for mailing list. But can
>> > be
>> > used by all developers and users for quick communication. Also note
>> > that,
>> > no information there would be 'stored' beyond 10k lines as we are
>> > using the
>> > free version of Slack.
>>
>> Aren't we concerned about the ToS of slack ? Last time I did read them,
>> they were quite scary (like, if you use your corporate email, you
>> engage your employer, and that wasn't the worst part).
>>
>> Also, to anticipate the question, my employer Legal department told me
>> to not setup a bridge between IRC and slack, due to the said ToS.
>>
>> --
>> Michael Scherer
>> Sysadmin, Community Infrastructure

HAROLD MILLER

ASSOCIATE MANAGER, ENTERPRISE CLOUD SUPPORT

Red Hat

<https://www.redhat.com/>

Harold at RedHat.com    T: (650)-254-4346
<https://red.ht/sig>
TRIED. TESTED. TRUSTED. <https://redhat.com/trusted>