[Gluster-devel] Gluster Monitoring using Prometheus - Status Update
avishwan at redhat.com
Fri Oct 12 15:08:35 UTC 2018
## Quick start:
git clone https://github.com/gluster/gluster-prometheus.git
PREFIX=/usr make install
# Enable and start using,
systemctl enable gluster-exporter
systemctl start gluster-exporter
Note: By default exporter collects metrics using `glusterd` and
`gluster` CLI. Configure `/etc/gluster-exporter/global.conf` to use
- All the supported metrics are now works with both `glusterd` and
`glusterd2`. Volume info from glusterd will be upgraded to include
sub volume details and to match with glusterd2 Volume info. This
also enables capturing sub-volume related metrics like
sub volume utilization easily.
- Configuration support added to support glusterd/glusterd2 related
configurations. By default it collects metrics from `glusterd`.
the configuration file(`/etc/gluster-exporter/global.conf`)
- All metrics collectors are enabled by default, metrics can be
disabled by updating the `/etc/gluster-exporter/collectors.conf`
file and restarting the `gluster-exporter`
- `gluster-exporter` can be managed as a `systemd` service. Once
installed, it can be enabled and started using `systemctl enable
gluster-exporter` and `systemctl start gluster-exporter`
- Installation and setup instructions are updated in README file.
- `pkg/glusterutils` package is introduced, which collects the
required information from both `glusterd` and `glusterd2`. Metrics
collectors need not worry about handling it for `glusterd` and
`glusterd2`. For example, `glusterutils.VolumeInfo` internally
handles glusterd/glusterd2 based on configuration and provides
uniform interface to metrics
- RPM generation scripts - Currently prometheus exporter can be
installed using source install(`PREFIX=/usr make` and `PREFIX=/usr
make install`). RPM spec file helps to generate the RPM and to
integrate with GCS and to integrate with centos-ci.
- Understanding Prometheus Operator - POC project started to try out
Prometheus Operator. Theoritically Prometheus operator can detect
the pods/containers which are annotated as `prometheus.io/scrape:
"true"`. Custom `Dockerfile` is created to experiment with
Prometheus Operator till the RPM spec file related changes merges
and rpm is included in gluster official container.
- Gluster interface - Code is refactored to support glusterd and
glusterd2 compatibility feature easily.
- Ongoing metrics collectors - Volume count and brick disk io related
metrics PRs are under review.
- PR related to selecting Leader node/peer is under review. This
feature will become foundation for sending Cluster related metrics
only from the leader node.
Install and Usage guide:
Project repo: https://github.com/gluster/gluster-prometheus
(on behalf of gluster-prometheus Team)
More information about the Gluster-devel